Friday, August 15, 2014

I was talking to my daughter the other day and she made the statement that a lot of the girls on my painting look depressed/sad. And I thought about that for awhile and came to the realization, that may very well be true. When we relocated to Alabama a couple of years ago, it was a very sad and difficult time for me, and I had started dabbling with paints again. I knew I wanted to do something that would minister and encourage women, to let them know they are not by themselves, what we feel is very real. I believe healing and encouragement comes in all different ways. We are taught to dig deep within when we paint, to paint our emotions, to just let ourselves go. Well, I have to share this, today when I was painting, I let go and before I knew it, I had scribbled all across her face...hmmm...I wonder what that means. I was going to start over, but the more I look at it the more I like it. I'll be sharing that painting soon. Just remember to "do one thing every day that makes you happy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment